Have a question that is not covered here? Contact us for help.
The plugins below are optional, but recommended for certain functionality as seen in the Chef Pro theme demo. Alternative plugins will likely work just fine, but may not have been styled or tested specifically in this theme.
- Recipes: Cookbook (premium)
- Shop: WooCommerce
- Shop: Genesis Connect for WooCommerce (required if using WooCommerce)
- Opt-ins: Genesis eNews Extended
- Post Meta/Footer Copyright: Genesis Simple Edits
- Contact Forms: Ninja Forms
- Social Icons: Simple Social Icons
- Social Sharing: Genesis Simple Share
- Instagram Feed: WP Instagram Widget
This step is optional. If you wish to install any of the plugins used in the theme demo, follow the instructions below for each.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the plugin you want to install.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate Now.
Before you install your child theme, ensure you have the latest Genesis parent theme installed. If you do not, you can follow the same instructions below to install the Genesis parent theme before proceeding to install your new child theme.
- Go to Appearance > Themes and click “Add New” or “Add New Theme” button.
- Click the “Upload Theme” button.
- Click the “Choose File” button, find/select your theme zip file, and click “Open”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Click the “Activate” link.
For your convenience, an export file of the demo site is available to assist in the setup of your theme. This file is located in the xml folder of your theme.
You’ll find more information about this in the Importing Demo Content tutorial.
Content archives are modified via the customizer under Theme Settings > Content Archives. Here you can show excerpts instead of content, adjust the content limit number of characters (0 for no limit), and also choose to display the featured image if you like.
Optionally, for an even simpler archive view, you can remove entry content by adding the following code to your functions.php file…
In the Customizer under Theme Settings > Singular Content, you can optionally show the ‘genesis-singular-images’ sized featured image on posts and/or pages. The featured image will show after the entry-header and before the content.
You can also adjust the entry meta output for posts here by adjusting the shortcodes. The Genesis Simple Edits plugin is no longer needed now that entry meta and footer output can be controlled in the Customizer.
Note that the “above content” entry meta shows above the post title and “below content” was moved to just below the post title.
It’s recommended to keep your categories and tags associated with each post to a minimum.
Additional documentation coming soon. Need a hand now? Contact for help.